Your Cart is empty
This Italian Lemon Basil Ice (also called granita), is the perfect blend of sweet and sour. The basil adds a nice freshness that is unexpected, and elevates the whole dessert. This dessert is the most flavorful when prepared the night before, to allow the flavors to infuse together.
2 cups water
1 serving Kegenix Prime in Lemon Twist (2 scoops)
1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
zest of 1 lemon
pinch of salt
1. Combine 2 cups of water with 2 scoops of Kegenix Prime in a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly. Once hot, add the basil, lemon zest, and salt and remove from heat.
2. Let the mixture sit for 30 minutes, giving the basil time to infuse into the mixture.
3. After 30 minutes, place mixture in the fridge for a minimum of 3 hours. We prefer letting it sit in the fridge overnight to get the most flavor.
4. Pour the cooled mixture through a fine mesh sieve, into a small glass dish or pan.
5. Now is the important part to get the granita texture. Place the dish in the freezer for 30 minutes, or until ice crystals form around the edges of the dish. Stir the ice crystals into the center of the dish and return to freezer.
6. Repeat this process every 30 minutes until all the liquid is crystallized. This should take about 3 hours.
7. Serve at once, and enjoy!
Serving Size: 1 scoop
Carbs: 1 gram
Fat: 2 grams
Protein: 0 grams