This hearty and keto friendly Balsamic Onion Pot Roast is sure to become a new favourite. Using your crockpot or slow cooker, you can easily create a satisfying meal that is flavourful and tender by following our easy steps. A spin on traditional pot roasts that tend to use lots of carb loaded ingredients, we’ve come up with a delicious and saucy ketogenic pot roast recipe that will leave you wanting more. Slow cooking is an easy way to get the most flavour from your meats and they cook effortlessly at a low temperature while you go about your day.
3 lbs roast beef
1 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp steak seasoning
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 1/2 cups of beef broth
1/2 cup of balsamic vinegar
3 tbsp tomato paste
1 sweet onion, chopped
1 red onion, chopped
6 cloves of garlic, minced
2 bay leaves
1. Preheat your oven to 325 degrees.
2. Heat olive oil in a pan over medium to high heat.
3. Season both sides of roast beef with salt, pepper, and steak seasoning. Brown the meat on both sides to lock in your flavour.
4. Place onions on bottom of slow cooker, then browned meat ontop in the centre of the crockpot.
5. Deglaze the pot with beef broth, tomato paste and vinegar and simmer a little until it’s reduced.
6. Add garlic and bay leaves and then place the lid on the pot. Let the pot roast for 3 to 4 hours. Flip meat halfway through.
7. When cooking time has elapsed take pot roast out of crock pot and place onto a cutting board and drape with tin foil.
8. Drain liquid from the crock pot in a sauce pan. Place on stove top and simmer down to a reduction while you slice the roast.
9. Drizzle the delicious sauce over the roast and serve immediately for best flavour. Enjoy!
Recipe inspired by Kalyn's Kitchen !