Thai food is a worldly cuisine, known for using exotic spices and wonderful flavors that have made their way across the globe and into our North American palette. While some of us may get the chance to travel to this far away destination, bringing a little Thai flavor into your cuisine may be the easy way to explore this culture. You may have a Thai restaurant tucked away in your city and they will offer many traditionally famous dishes- one dish that is particularly popular is Thai Chicken Red Curry.
We have recreated this recipe to be keto friendly, healthy and full of flavor. Using only a few easy steps you can whip up a quick and tasty meal that will add a flavorful variety to your weekly meal plan. We think you are going to fall in love with this Keto curry dish! Note that you can choose a mild or spicy red curry sauce or paste, so be mindful of what you choose depending on the degree of heat you like to your flavor.
Are you a fan of Thai food? Try making the Keto Pad Thai as well!
Prep time 15 minutes
Cook time 15 minutes
2 skinless boneless chicken breasts, sliced into strips
1 onion, thinly sliced
1 zucchini, thinly cut
1 cup bean sprouts
1 cup mushrooms, chopped
1 full can of coconut milk
1 small can bamboo shoot, water drained and cut thinly.
4 zucchinis, spiralized
2 garlic cloves, minced
3 tbsp Thai red curry paste
Salt and pepper
Fresh cilantro or basil for garnish
1. Get a large wok or frying pan- Add oil and onions and sauté over medium high heat.
2. Add chicken and cook until the onions are soft and chicken is almost fully cooked.
3. Add the rest of your veggies and mix together.
4. Once veggies are cooked, pour coconut milk and red curry paste, add salt and pepper to taste. Simmer over low to medium heat.
5. Once it comes to a boil, remove from heat and garnish with fresh cilantro and basil. Best serve hot!
Ketogenic Diet Recipe inspired by Living Chirpy!