Your Cart is empty
Another great low-carb and very filling recipe you need to make. This asparagus tart with goat cheese has a lot to offer. With a crunchy crust and a cheesy filling, you can expect this recipe to be your new go-to recipe for an appetizer, a meal for lunch or dinner, and a dish you can bring to the party that everyone will love.
FOR THE CRUST:
6 Tbsp butter, melted
2 cups almond flour
½ tsp Kosher salt
1 tsp freshly grated lemon zest
FOR THE FILLING:
4 oz pancetta, chopped
1 cup thinly sliced leeks (white part only, be sure to rinse well!)
2 Tbsp butter
1 tsp Kosher salt
¼ tsp ground black pepper
2 cups thinly sliced asparagus
1 cup heavy whipping cream
3 egg yolks
2 oz soft goat cheese
1. Combine all of the crust ingredients in a medium bowl and mix well.
2. Press the dough into a 9 x 9 pan, 8 x 11 sheet, or a 9 inch springform pan about 1 inch up the sides.
3. Bake the crust for 12 minutes at 350 degrees (F) until slightly golden.
1. Melt the butter in a medium saute pan and add the pancetta, leeks, salt and pepper.
2. Cook for about 8 minutes or until the leeks are soft and transparent.
3. Stir in the asparagus and cook for 2 minutes.
4. Arrange the asparagus mixture evenly over the pre-baked crust.
5. Whisk together the heavy whipping cream and egg yolks in a small bowl until well combined.
6. Gently pour the egg mixture over the asparagus ingredients.
7. Sprinkle with the crumbled goat cheese.
8. Bake at 350 degrees (F) for 25 minutes or until slightly firm.
9. Serve warm or chilled.
Thanks iBREATHE I'm Hungry!