Keto Chocolate-Covered Strawberries 🍓
What you'll need:
- 2-3 bars of Lily's chocolate
- 1 pint of strawberries
For those who have never done this before, a candy thermometer will be helpful!
How to make it:
- Start by placing a pot of water on the stove and turn it on medium-low heat. You are going to place a metal bowl over top of the pot to temper your chocolate, so be mindful of which pot/bowl combination you use!
- Wash and sort berries- you'll want medium/large berries so the chocolate has some room!
- Lay out a baking sheet topped with parchment paper. This will be for your finished berries so that they don't stick.
- Give your chocolate bars a rough chop.
- Once your water is simmering, place 2/3 of your chocolate into the bowl you plan to temper your chocolate with (place the rest to the side for now). Set it on top of the pot of water (be sure the bowl is not making contact with the water).
- Melt your chocolate slowly and stir delicately- do not allow the melting chocolate to exceed 120 degrees to avoid burning it.
- Once melted, take the bowl off of the pot. Be sure to wipe away any hot water lingering on the bottom!
- Add remaining chocolate and stir until combined.
- Allow your chocolate to cool for a moment (the goal is to get it around 80 degrees).
- Back on the pot it goes! You'll want to reheat the chocolate to 90 degrees.
- And just like the hokey pokey, you'll want to take it back off of the heat- for good this time!
- This is where you're going to want to move quickly. Pick your strawberry up by the green and tactfully dip it into the chocolate. Give it a swirl and place it onto your sheet! Continue until your strawberries are all coated.
- Allow to cool for 1 hour in the refrigerator and then..