Keto Cucumber Avocado Tuna Salad
Canned tuna is one of the most versatile foods when you're in a hurry and needs something high in protein, packed with healthy fats and super tasty. If you're looking for a great and easy recipe for dinner, this keto cucumber salad with avocado, tuna, cilantro, and lime is a wonderful choice.
The saltiness of the fish pairs perfectly with the creamy avocado to make a divine salad that doesn't feel like "rabbit food".
- 1 avocado
- 1 tbsp fresh-squeezed lime juice
- 1 large European cucumber (or 2 smaller cucumbers)
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro (more or less to taste)
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1 can (5 oz.) tuna (either in water or olive oil)
- salt and fresh-ground black pepper to taste
- 2 T mayo (can use light mayo, but there is not much mayo and full-fat mayo adds a lot of flavor)
- 1 T fresh-squeezed lime juice (I used my fresh-frozen lime juice.)
- Dice the avocado into 1/2 inch pieces, put in a bowl large enough to hold the whole salad, and toss with one tablespoon of lime juice.
- Peel strips from the cucumber if desired, then cut into fourths lengthwise and slice into bite-sized pieces.
- Chop the cilantro and thinly slice the green onion.
- Whisk together the mayo and lime juice to make the dressing.
- Add the chopped cucumbers, chopped cilantro, and sliced green onions to the avocado and gently combine. Add the dressing and stir just enough to combine.
- Drain the tuna and use a fork to partly break apart the tuna into chunks.
- Stir tuna into the salad and GENTLY combine (don't over-stir; you want the tuna to remain chunky.)
- Season to taste with salt and fresh-ground black pepper and serve.
Thanks for a great avocado tuna salad recipe Kalyn's Kitchen!