Low-Carb Chocolate Almond Butter Cups
These homemade chocolate almond butter cups are so much more satisfying than anything you can find in the store. Have fun with different types of molds. We love these jewel molds to make them extra fancy!
For Chocolate Shell
3/4 cups stevia-sweetened chocolate chips (or 70% dark chocolate or higher)
2 tsp coconut oil
For Almond Butter Filling
1/2 cup creamy almond butter
1/4 cup powdered erythyritol
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 tbsp melted coconut oil
1. For the chocolate shell, melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil together in a microwave-proof bowl for 1 minutes. Mix until combined. Microwave at 30 second increments if still not melted.
2. Put a spoonful into each mold, and using the back of your spoon, cover the walls of the mold with chocolate. Hold the mold over the chocolate bowl to let the excess drip off, and place in the freeze for 30 minutes.
3. While the chocolate is in the freezer, combine the almond butter, powdered erythyritol, vanilla, and melted coconut oil together, and stir until well incorporated.
4. When the chocolate shell is frozen, spoon the almond butter mixture into the chocolate shell, and press down with the back of a spoon.
5. Cover with the remaining melted chocolate and freeze until set, about 30 minutes. Store in fridge or freezer.
Serving Size: 1 Almond Butter Cup
Carbs: 11 grams
Fat: 19 grams
Protein: 4 grams