Spinach Feta Quiche Muffins
If you’ve never tried quiche in muffin form with a delectable ham “crust”—prepare to have your mind blown. Not only are they bite-sized goodies, but they make a filling and satisfying low-carb Keto diet breakfast! If you’re not a morning person, make them ahead of time and heat them up on-the-go. This Keto quiche recipe makes a dozen “muffins”, but be careful as they disappear fast.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook time 40 minutes
12 thin slices of deli ham
1 tbsp butter
1/2 cup onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
12 large eggs
1/4 package of cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup mozzarella
4 tbsp fresh herbs, chopped—parsley, dill, basil, or cilantro work well
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
Salt and pepper to taste
1 cup broccoli, cut into small florets
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 cup spinach, chopped
Crumbled feta or goat cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 12-cup muffin pan and line with a single piece of the sliced deli ham.
2. In a pan, sauté the onions and garlic in butter over medium heat. Cook until the onions are translucent and the garlic is fragrant.
3. In a mixing bowl, add eggs, cream cheese, milk, heavy cream, mozzarella, herbs, Dijon, salt, pepper and stir to combine thoroughly.
4. Add vegetables to the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring often. Add the spinach last and cook until the leaves start to wilt and shrink, approximately 2 to 4 minutes. Remove the pan from heat.
5. Add the cooked veggies to the mixing bowl and stir.
6. Scoop the mixture evenly into the muffin pan. Fill each muffin cup almost to the top, leaving approximately 1/4 of an inch for the muffins to rise. Sprinkle on feta or goat cheese before putting the pan in the oven.
7. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the egg is cooked through and the cheese is starting to brown at the edges.
8. Remove from the oven and let them cool for 15 minutes before serving. Enjoy them while warm, or put them in an airtight container and store in the fridge or up to five days.
Keto diet breakfast recipe inspired by Low Carb Maven !