Your Cart is empty
Ok, ok, this isn't really a macaroni salad recipe, as we all know that pasta is not on the ketogenic shopping list. However, this tasty little recipe with alternative pasta noodles is the next best thing and will leave you totally satisfied! By substituting out the macaroni for small pieces of cauliflower, you're cutting down the carbs, without compromising on taste. YUM!
Still, this little number (although it has to be made a day in advance), is the perfect keto friendly dish to serve at your next BBQ or bring to a pot luck. Not to mention this keto "macaroni" salad makes for a delicious side for the whole family! It stores really well too, so add it to your next meal prep rotation for a quick and easy to grab option during the week!
- 1 cup raw cauliflower, broken into very small pieces
- 1 to 2 tablespoons sugar free Mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon cider vinegar, optional
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of pepper
- Stevia or other sweetener to taste
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons of thinly sliced celery
- 1 tablespoon of bell pepper
- 2 teaspoons of chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon of grated carrot
- 3 tablespoons salad olives
- Steam cauliflower until very tender but not mushy..
- Combine mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, salt, pepper, and sweetener and mix well.
- Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Put cauliflower, celery, carrot, onion, peppers, and olives in a bowl.
- Pour mayonnaise mixture over and combine gently.
- Chill overnight or longer.
- Add a little more dressing if necessary before serving.
Notes: It is VERY important that it sits overnight or longer in order for the flavor to develop.