Garlic confit is actually very easy to make and elevates a recipe’s flavor, texture and nutrition. Use the ultra-creamy garlic cloves and extra-flavorful oil to spread over meats, veggies and salads!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 55 minutes
4-5 extra-large heads of garlic
1 cup of olive oil
Several sprigs of fresh thyme
Preheat your oven to 350 F (177 C).
1. Chop the tops off of each head of garlic and discard.
2. Arrange closely together in a shallow baking dish.
3. Pour olive oil over each clove until it is about 1” high in the baking dish.
4. Arrange thyme around the garlic.
5. Cover with aluminum foil and bake in the oven for 45 minutes.
6. Remove the foil and increase the heat to 400 F (205 C).
7. Remove from the oven and when cool enough to touch, squeeze out each garlic clove into a medium size glass container or jar. Pour the olive oil into the glass or jar.
Store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Net Carbs: 4