Keto on the Go: Remaining in Ketosis on the Road
For some, remaining in ketosis is quite easy. These people are typically on a steady schedule from work, exercise, family, hobbies, sleep, etc. When you are on a steady schedule like this, it is easy to stick to your diet and remain in this critical metabolic state. However, those of us who are on a less predictable schedule from truck drivers to pilots can sometimes face hardships when it comes to sticking to the keto diet.
Luckily, however, for those who find themselves on the road often, there are keto options you can find on the go. Whether it be in a gas station or small market you find somewhere at a trucker stop, there are keto options available everywhere. From meal replacements to bulletproof coffee there are many tools that can help you out. All you need is to know what to look for while on the road. This way you can feel comfortable and at ease knowing you are still in the ketosis zone.
What to look for on the go to keep up with your diet
While you are on your road trip, on the way to deliver a load with your semi, or in the air with your co-pilot, it can be hard to stick to keto friendly foods because they are not always easy to find. However, when you know what to look for while on the road so-to-speak, it no longer has to feel impossible to stick to your diet. With this guide in tow, you will find yourself both educated and ready to hit the road while remaining keto.
Low carb snacks and meals can be hard to find when you are passing fast food joints and local convenience stores. But, when you get tired of Keto meal replacements and exogenous ketones and you want something more solid, when you know what to look for it is not so difficult to find some healthy chow. Let’s dive in and look at keto options available at many gas stations, markets, and travel plazas.
For starters, as we mentioned earlier, Kegenix is an excellent product that will keep you in ketosis and fill you up with healthy nutrients that will keep you in ketosis. Let’s take a peek at some of the top tips for remaining keto on the go.
Prepare. Prepare. Prepare.
One of the biggest gifts you can give yourself before hitting the road (or the sky), is to prepare as much possible. For example, you want to pack all of the keto snacks possible before leaving your home. Low carb snacks are a lifesaver when you are in a pinch and need something to munch on. Some of the best low carb snacks that are easily found include:
- Boiled eggs
- Pork rinds
- Beef jerky
- String cheese
- Real Ketones Products
- Pumpkin seeds
- Peanut butter and other nut butters
- Pickled cucumber
- Select nuts – Macadamia nuts in particular
- Raw coconut butter
- Cacao Nibs
- High-fat cheeses
While this list is quite extensive, there are many other foods out there that are keto friendly and can satisfy your hunger while you are on the go. You certainly do not want to pack your entire pantry. And for this reason, we are here to advise you on the good fats and protein you can find in restaurants and convenience stores along the way.
Gas station and fast food keto secrets
Clearly, there is only so much food you can pack to take with you on your journey. After all, it’s not like you can bring your kitchen with you! Luckily, while the options are slim, there are keto friendly foods that you can grab on one of your multiple stops. Let’s take a look.
- When you visit restaurants that offer more of a sit-down type atmosphere, look for chicken wings. Most restaurants have chicken wings and they make for a great keto meal. Make sure you order them without breading and you are in for a great low to zero carb meal.
- It is likely that you will find yourself visiting fast food restaurants along your journey. Especially when you are traveling with people who are not on a diet. Luckily, most fast food restaurants offer a small selection of salads. Moreover, most white dressings have the fat you need without the carbohydrates.
- Resist all beverages except for water. This is incredibly important for a very good reason; riding in a car for long periods of time restricts your movement. Therefore, it is imperative that you remain hydrated as much as possible. Stock your car with water in order to resist temptation.
- Should you find yourself seeking out food from gas stations along the way, our list of snacks under the prepare section is typically easy to find at gas stations. For instance, seek out beef jerky, pork rinds, pickles, sunflower seeds, hot dogs, coffee with cream, and diet soda.
Keto on the go: staying successful during your travels
When you are planning a trip, or you have to travel for work, the first thing that will likely pop into your head is your diet. For some, this can cause a great deal of panic. The keto diet is indeed limited, but that does not mean you have to worry. With this guide, you should be able to remain in ketosis no matter where your travels take you. For more information on keto friendly snacks, click here. Happy travels!